A-Z InformationA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
A parent volunteer operates the school banking for students. The Commonwealth Bank offers student accounts. Generally the information is provided to interested families early in the year. Bank books can be added to the morning Canteen Basket on banking day. Look for the notice in the Curtin Courier.
Bell times and Routines
- 8.55am Students line up in junior or senior playground. Teachers move to lines for brief messages.
- 9.00am Teachers bring students inside. Roll. Class commences.
- 10.30am Students move to playground for recess
- 10.55am K-2 students line up in junior playground and move inside with their teachers. Senior students walk inside at the first bell, and wait outside their classroom to enter the classroom with their teacher.
- 11.00am Class resumes
- 12.30pm Students eat their lunch in either the classroom or junior/senior courtyard. Teachers stay with their class, unless an arrangement to share supervision has been made within a team.
- 12.45pm Students move to the playground
- 1.25pm K-2 students line up in junior playground and move inside with their teachers. Senior students walk inside at the first bell, and wait outside their classroom to enter their classroom with their teacher.
- 1.30pm Class resumes.
- 3.00pm Students leave the classroom. Students are asked to make their way straight to parents, or straight home, as the school grounds are not supervised after 3.00pm. In addition, After School Care uses the senior playgrounds and other children being present makes safe supervision difficult.
The buddy class program between different age groups, develops social networks across the school. Teachers are encouraged to plan and share activities linked to inquiries, core curriculum, shared lunch and other social activities. Buddy classes are allocated in Term One.