The Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education aims to develop the knowledge, understanding, and skills to ensure students:
- access, synthesise and evaluate information to take positive action to protect, enhance and advocate for their own and others' health, wellbeing, safety and physical activity across the lifespan
- develop and use personal, interpersonal, behavioural, social and cognitive skills and strategies to promote a sense of personal identity, wellbeing and to build and maintain positive relationships
- acquire, apply and evaluate movement skills, concepts and strategies to respond confidently, competently and creatively in a variety of physical activity contexts and settings
- engage in and enjoy regular movement-based learning experiences, and understand and appreciate their significance to personal, social, cultural, environmental and health practices and outcomes
- analyse how varied and changing personal and contextual factors shape understanding of, and opportunities for, health and physical activity locally, regionally and globally.
In conjunction with weekly Physical Education classes, students at Curtin Primary School participate in annual swimming and athletics carnivals.