The Australian Curriculum: Geography aims to ensure that students develop:
- a sense of wonder, curiosity and respect about places, people, cultures and environments throughout the world
- a deep geographical knowledge of their own locality, Australia, the Asia region and the world
- the ability to think geographically, using geographical concepts
- the capacity to be competent, critical and creative users of geographical inquiry methods and skills
- as informed, responsible and active citizens who can contribute to the development of an environmentally and economically sustainable, and socially just world.
For more information about the Geography content taught and sample portfolios at each year level, please see the Australian Curriculum Content Descriptions.